Thousands of children and young people take part in our services programs each year at Grampians Region YMCA facilities. The breadth of our collective programs and services for children and young people includes:
- Childcare facilities including long day care, outside school hours care, vacation care, limited hours care, and Kindergartens
- Health and Fitness including teen gym programs
- Sport and Recreation including gymnastics, swimming, aquatic education
We take our responsibility for keeping children and young people safe very seriously. We follow clear policies and practices that aim to keep children and young people who participate in our programs and services safe.
We have a range of policies and procedures to help us do that.
Grampians Region YMCA staff
In terms of YMCA staff:
- All of our staff must maintain a valid "Working with Children Check"
- We don't appoint staff until a satisfactory police check has been completed
- Our staff follow a CODE of CONDUCT, which provides guidelines for staff behaviour when working with children and young people.
- All of our staff who work with children and young people complete a safeguarding children course within 3 months of being employed with us
Read more about these policies and procedures on this page.
Please find attached a link to our Safeguarding children and Young People Policy and child and young person friendly versions.:
YMCA safeguarding children policy.pdf
Young people version of policy.pdf
Full version of policies
If you would like to read all of the complete policies in regard to Safeguarding Children and Young People, please click on the attached documents:
Mandatory Reporting Policy 2017.pdf
Positive Behavior Policy 2017.pdf
Parent and Student Involvement Code of Conduct Policy 2017.pdf
Staff and Volunteer Code of Conduct.pdf
Recruitment Screening Policy 2017.pdf
Australian Childhood Foundation - Safeguarding Children and Young People Accreditation
We have received accreditation from the Australian Childhood Foundation for our safeguarduing Children and Young People.
In mid 2016, we were audited against seven key standards which are the following:
- Commitment to Safeguarding Children
- Personnel Roles and Conduct
- Recruitment and Screening
- Personnel Induction and Training
- Involving Children and Parents
- Child Abuse Reports and Allegations
If you would like more information or have any feedback in regard to or about Safeguarding Children at YMCA, please call Grampians Region YMCA on 03 5358 1100 or email email@example.com.